Last modified Sep 20, 2006
Pavel S. Shcherbakov
Birth: Aug 3, 1958.
Institute of Control Sciences RAS
65 Profsoyuznaya str., 117997 Moscow, Russia
Tel: (+7-495) 334-7641
Fax: (+7-495) 420-2016, (+7-495) 334-9340
Email: sherba ipu.ru
- 2004 Doctor of Science in Physics and Mathematics (Highest scientifical degree in Russia)
- Institute for Control Sciences.
- 1991 Ph.D. in Physics and Mathematics from Institute of Control Science,
Moscow. Thesis title: "Matrix Estimators with Applications to
Stochastic Optimization Problems"
- 1988 Postgraduate degree in System Analysis from Institute of Control
- 1980 M.S. in Applied Mathematics from Moscow Institute of Transportation,
Dept. of Applied Mathematics
Areas of Interest:
- Robust analysis and design, Probabilistic approach to robustness;
- Recursive estimation;
- Optimization methods;
- Stochastic optimization;
- Matrix estimation.
- Sep'06; Oct'05: Research Visitor, IEIIT-CNR, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Sep'02-Feb'03: Senior Research Fellow at IRITI-CNR, Politecnico di Torino,
- Apr-Jun'02: Senior Research Associate, Case Western Reserve University, USA
- Sep-Dec'00; Dec'99; Nov'98-Jan'99; Apr-Jun'98; Feb-Apr, Oct-Nov'96:
Lecturer, Research Associate, Honorary Fellow
at the ECE Dept., Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison, USA
- Mar-May'94: Academic Visitor at the Univ. of Reading, UK, Dept. of Cybernetics
- Sep'93-Feb'94: Fulbright Visiting Fellow, Center for Systems Science,
Yale Univ., USA
- 2006 Institute of Control Science, Moscow; Moscow Physical-Technical
Institute. Some problems of control theory.
- 2003 Institute of Control Science, Moscow; Moscow Physical-Technical
Institute. A course in control theory.
- 2000 Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of
Wisconsin-Madison, USA. Graduate course "Linear Systems" (ECE-717)
Department of Mathematics and Economic Research,
Russian Railroad Transportation Ministry.
Development and maintenance of computerized reservation system.
- 2003Contest of projects, Institute of Control Science, Moscow.
Project title: "Numerical methods in robustness of control
- 2001 NATO-CNR Outreach Fellowship. Project title:
"Approximate feasibility of robustness problems in control
theory," Sep'02 - Feb'03, IRITI-CNR, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- 1999 The A.M.Letov Award. Project title: "New methods for
low-order controller design" (in collaboration with B.T.Polyak,
- 1993 Fulbright Scholarship Award. Project title: "Neural networks
in robustness problems and stochastic approximation,"
Sep 1993 - Feb 1994, Yale University, USA
- 1989 Best Project Prize at the Contest of Institute for Control Science,
Moscow. Project title: "Robust Stability and Modality"
(in collaboration with Ya.Z.Tsypkin, B.T.Polyak, N.P.Petrov)